1Z0-001 HP0-634 1Z0-854 JN0-331 ST0-130 HP2-T31 1Z0-507 P_SD_64 GB0-180 A2010-564 C2090-913 HP2-K18 C2180-270 000-433 351-018 920-345 000-745 000-191 070-545-VB 70-346 ITIL-F-CHS SD0-302 920-232 642-426 HP2-B100 LOT-917 000-210 MB4-641 920-252 000-995 310-810 1Z0-517 920-807 50-632 TB0-105 310-045 000-235 000-992 350-040 270-551 920-344 E20-011 C2090-735 350-024 074-325J 1Y0-A25 070-225 HP2-H25 1Z0-204 000-268 000-M23 000-M220 E20-016 000-386 HP2-B27 920-533 JK0-U11 CUR-011 1Y0-A20 70-515 Museum of Decorative Arts in Prague
1885
Museum of Decorative Arts in Prague founded by the Prague Chamber of Trade and Commerce

1885—1900
Museum housed in Rudolfinum

1897—1899
new building designed by architect Josef Schulz is under construction

1900
grand opening of the new museum building, exhibitions on the first floor

1906
Vojtěch Lanna donates his collection of glass, exhibitions on the second floor

1932
Gustav Pazaurek bequeathed his collection of glass, and together with Lanna’s this becomes the core of the now world-renowned Museum’s glass collection

1943
the Museum building is taken over for war purposes, collections are moved and hidden outside Prague

1949
the Museum is nationalised

1950
the Museum is merged temporarily with the Museum of Decorative Arts in Brno, permanent exhibitions are being prepared in the recently nationalised castles outside Prague (Castle Lemberk 1951, Klášterec n. Ohří 1952, Jemniště u Benešova 1953)

1959—1969
the Museum is merged with the National Gallery in Prague

1970
the Museum is re-established as a sovereign institution governed by the Ministry of Culture

1970—1985
Museum is closed to the public and undergoes a major rebuilding programme

1985
new permanent exhibitions of decorative arts from Renaissance to mid 19th century open

2000—2001
new permanent display Stories of Materials
The first trade and commerce chambers were established in the 17th and 18th centuries in France, with the aim to create independent organisations which would protect and promote the interests of trade and commerce. During the Napoleonic Wars they established themselves in Germany and, in 1811, in the Austrian provinces in Italy. They were instituted by law throughout Austria in 1850, and in the Czech lands they were established in Prague, Liberec, Cheb, Plzeň, České Budějovice, Brno, Olomouc, and Opava. Their task was to provide reports, proposals and expert opinion for state and regional authorities on the needs of trade and commerce, and the state of transport, as well as to participate in the preparation of laws and the establishment of public institutions for the advancement of trade and commerce. Representatives of chambers were elected, and the chambers themselves then delegated a certain number of members for the regional assembly and Austrian parliament.