2015) 2014) 2013) 2012) 2011) 2010) 2009) 2008) 2007) 2006) 2005) 2004) 2003) 2002) 2001) 2000) 1999) 1998) 1997) 1996) 1990) by name)
Czech Posters between the Wars: 1918–1938) Illustrated posters in the Czech Lands, as in all of Europe, began in the mid-19th century, thanks to advances in printing technology, in particular lithography. The latter half of the 1890s, up until 1900, marked the peak of "postermania" in the Czech Lands, and in Central Europe as a whole. The twenty years between World Wars I and II may be viewed as the poster’s second golden age. The posters in this catalogue present various aspects of life in interwar Prague, the capital city and natural center of the new, confident state. Some of them are by well-known artists; the others, however, are the work of little-known names. The catalogue was issued by the Museum in cooperation with the Czech Center New York to accompany the exhibition in the Czech Center New York, May – June, 2001.
Buquoy Glass in Bohemia) The Buquoy noble family, originally from the region of Artois (in the past, a part of the Spanish Low Countries, now France), entered the Bohemian scene through the person of Charles Bonaventure de Longeval, Count of Bucquoy, a commander of the Imperial Army (1571–1621). In 1620, Emperor Ferdinand II granted the general confiscated estates at Nové Hrady, Rožmberk and Libějovice in southern Bohemia. In the region with a rich glass-making tradition, the Buquoys strove to carry on the heritage of the once-famous Rožmberk glassworks. From the mid-17th to the 18th century, the Buquoy glass houses in southern Bohemia produced intricately-shaped goblets, sauce boats, bowls, table centrepieces, humorous jugs and other objects, preserved in many museums and private collections. Production did not only specialize in hot-formed glass; glass-cutting and glass-engraving workshops are known to have been worked at the glassworks and in their immediate vicinity. The first half of the 19th century is generally regarded as the peak period in the history of Buquoy glass manufacture. The then owner of the estate, Jiří František Buquoy, a naturalist and philosopher, was instrumental in introducing many new techniques in the south Bohemian glassworks. One of his innovations included the invention of black and red hyalith glass, which soon met with high acclaim both in the Czech lands and abroad. To this day, this type of glassware is highly coveted by glass collectors and specialists.
000-657 74-134 A2150-195 920-125 200-001 000-197 C2180-183 000-580 000-142 000-349 1Z0-485 A00-203 HP0-M46 TB0-118 920-166 251-101 642-741 HP0-Y43 C_HANAIMP_1 70-400 SABE201 000-058 650-157 HP0-055 BCP-240 C2180-276 JN0-696 1Z0-020 HP0-Y37 117-101 HP0-087 70-498 HP2-K33 HP0-815 ST0-052 GCFW 1Z0-035 HP0-M23 000-M245 000-642 350-050 HP2-H17 74-338 9A0-152 E20-050 9A0-096 000-201 50-708 AWMP EUCOC DU0-001 70-660 LOT-911 A2090-545 000-374 HD0-300 50-865 HP2-Q05 EX0-110 000-202 E20-610 117-301 00M-502 074-137 HP2-K32 COG-645 9A0-701 HP0-Y31 070-432 646-229 TB0-104 1Z1-226 M2080-663 70-431 LOT-721 642-871 050-730 000-N17 1Z0-620 000-081 050-894 646-058 1Z1-259 LOT-910 50-701