2015) 2014) 2013) 2012) 2011) 2010) 2009) 2008) 2007) 2006) 2005) 2004) 2003) 2002) 2001) 2000) 1999) 1998) 1997) 1996) 1990) by name)
Czech Posters between the Wars: 1918–1938) Illustrated posters in the Czech Lands, as in all of Europe, began in the mid-19th century, thanks to advances in printing technology, in particular lithography. The latter half of the 1890s, up until 1900, marked the peak of "postermania" in the Czech Lands, and in Central Europe as a whole. The twenty years between World Wars I and II may be viewed as the poster’s second golden age. The posters in this catalogue present various aspects of life in interwar Prague, the capital city and natural center of the new, confident state. Some of them are by well-known artists; the others, however, are the work of little-known names. The catalogue was issued by the Museum in cooperation with the Czech Center New York to accompany the exhibition in the Czech Center New York, May – June, 2001.
Buquoy Glass in Bohemia) The Buquoy noble family, originally from the region of Artois (in the past, a part of the Spanish Low Countries, now France), entered the Bohemian scene through the person of Charles Bonaventure de Longeval, Count of Bucquoy, a commander of the Imperial Army (1571–1621). In 1620, Emperor Ferdinand II granted the general confiscated estates at Nové Hrady, Rožmberk and Libějovice in southern Bohemia. In the region with a rich glass-making tradition, the Buquoys strove to carry on the heritage of the once-famous Rožmberk glassworks. From the mid-17th to the 18th century, the Buquoy glass houses in southern Bohemia produced intricately-shaped goblets, sauce boats, bowls, table centrepieces, humorous jugs and other objects, preserved in many museums and private collections. Production did not only specialize in hot-formed glass; glass-cutting and glass-engraving workshops are known to have been worked at the glassworks and in their immediate vicinity. The first half of the 19th century is generally regarded as the peak period in the history of Buquoy glass manufacture. The then owner of the estate, Jiří František Buquoy, a naturalist and philosopher, was instrumental in introducing many new techniques in the south Bohemian glassworks. One of his innovations included the invention of black and red hyalith glass, which soon met with high acclaim both in the Czech lands and abroad. To this day, this type of glassware is highly coveted by glass collectors and specialists.
C2090-420 000-297 250-311 000-886 C2160-667 1Z0-053 Hp2-B29 000-890 1Z1-591 LOT-756 E20-555 000-M236 70-235 HP2-T23 A2150-536 SGO-001 A2010-571 RH302 642-091 070-639 000-373 E20-017 070-515 HP0-729 GCIA 650-059 HP2-B44 9A0-142 000-431 000-719 LOT-926 MD0-235 70-244 650-173 1Y0-200 EW0-200 CSM-001 50-565 SG1-001 050-676 COG-706 1Z1-877 MB3-465 MB3-701 NS0-120 070-552-Csharp 642-355 70-554-Csharp HP3-X11 920-257 C_TFIN52_65 090-077 TB0-115 98-365 P2090-025 1Z1-895 C2010-652 646-057 050-892 E20-830 000-971 EE0-602 050-864 GD0-110 70-271 090-056 642-533 920-133 HP0-264 000-N24 E20-326 642-996 646-046 BH0-005 922-080 642-164 HP2-Z25 HP0-781 C2140-130 70-330 BCP-410 1T6-215 642-747 HP0-045 070-501 000-863 MB6-509 920-431 HP0-D11 920-470 310-200 00M-640 C2080-474 70-552-VB 1Z1-868 MB3-409 50-690 000-962 EE0-505 M2020-248 000-M38 HP0-Y38 070-552-VB 70-667 4H0-110 70-518 E20-517 P6040-025 HP0-277 70-262